On Sun, 27 Jul 2014 05:30:26 +1000
Michael Palimaka <kensing...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On 07/27/2014 05:21 AM, Tom Wijsman wrote:
> > On Sun, 27 Jul 2014 03:12:07 +1000
> > Michael Palimaka <kensing...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> >> Each person should update at a frequency that suits them.
> >> Recommending to update every $period is not a valid solution to
> >> unnecessary rebuilds.
> >
> > The more one floods, the more one accepts kicks and/or bans;
> > expected.
> >

> How about just not causing the problem in the first place? :-)

That's the ideal, no revision bumps needed at all; though, the lack of
resources doesn't make that possible. Attempts to do it stall the
introduction of the ebuild; so, that's why we release and revbump it.

This story goes further upstream; if they would list deps right, we
wouldn't need to revbump. So; if we want to fix the cause, we would
need to fix it upstream although they experience a lack of resources.

TL;DR: With the water tap wide open, we'll keep mopping.

--
With kind regards,

Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
Gentoo Developer

E-mail address  : tom...@gentoo.org
GPG Public Key  : 6D34E57D
GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2  ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D