Dnia 2014-09-16, o godz. 10:52:13
"W. Trevor King" <wk...@tremily.us> napisał(a):

>   $ git pull --depth=1
>
> for subsequent syncs.  pym/_emerge/actions.py currently hardcodes ‘git
> pull’ for the latter, and doesn't seem to have any code for the
> former.  On the other hand, it wouldn't be too terrible to force users
> to shallow their history manually whenever they felt like it.

This isn't a good idea at all :). For git, --depth=1 fetching
is the same thing as --depth=1 clone. This way, you refetch everything
rather than just getting the update.

Instead, plain 'pull' is more appropriate to just get the new objects.
However, we may want to strip the history afterwards to reduce
the clone size.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny