> >   Modified:             ChangeLog perl-module.eclass
> >   Log:
> >   Remove support for EAPI 1, 2, 3 in perl-module.eclass (no packages left
> >   in the tree)
> This could have used some kind of heads-up. Now I'm getting a lot of
> metadata generation errors due to overlays still using those EAPIs.

True, this could have been done in more elegant ways, i.e. first an ugly
deprecation warning for some time. (Usually we don't care too much about
overlays. Here, it's g-cpan that concerns me.)

Would it still make sense to do that?
(i.e. re-allow 123 for a while and add a warning?)

> Also, CVS gets your name wrong. I wonder how it is possible with such
> an awesome modern piece of technology ;).

Here's a new idea. How about we migrate to git? ;)

--
Andreas K. Huettel
Gentoo Linux developer