Patrick Lauer:
> Here's a random unsorted list of things that it would make sense to be upset
> about. Some issues that people have successfully ignored for a few years ...
>
> In no way exhaustive list, feel free to remember a dozen things I forgot ;)
> (If you suggest other things please try to offer constructive criticism,
> i.e. possible strategies to fix issues ... whining by itself is not very
> useful)

Thanks, that's an excellent thread.

I think you forgot an important point:

* lack of practical QA: no review workflow and no appropriate tools for
reviewing

I could start a long text block about why reviewing is mandatory for QA,
but let's just think about it this way:
What do you think would happen if the linux kernel switched to CVS and
gave the most active 250 collaborators direct push access to the main
Linus repository?

I hope greg k-h does not read this. He'd probably get a heart attack.

Also: people seem to think we don't have enough manpower for a review
workflow. No, it's really the other way around. If you make
collaboration difficult, then you need a lot more manpower.