On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 08:57:43 +0100
Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since you didn't like the previous hacky idea, here's a new one.
>
> The basic flags correspond to features and are used if the relevant
> support is optional:
>
>   avcodec - Enables audio/video decoding support via libavcodec
>     (ffmpeg/libav)
>   postproc - Enable image post-processing via libpostproc
>     (ffmpeg/libpostproc)

I crearly prefer the other prop. We have: libavcodec, libavdevice,
libavfilter, libavformat, libavresample, libavutil, libpostproc,
libswresample, libswscale. Do you want a useflag for each of them ? Can
you tell me on top of your head which one will force ffmpeg and which
one will force libav ?

Also, avcodec is just a codec library that, alone, is mostly useless for
e.g. a video player: you need a demuxer to read your files, which
demuxer is in libavformat...

Alexis.