Dnia 2015-01-26, o godz. 12:41:00
Alexis Ballier <aball...@gentoo.org> napisał(a):

> On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 00:35:39 +0100
> Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
> > Title: CPU_FLAGS_X86 introduction
> > Author: Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org>
> > Revision: 1
> > News-Item-Format: 1.0
> > Display-If-Keyword: amd64 ~amd64 x86 ~x86
>
> but.... why ?
> will you write another news item for other arches ?

Are there other arches using CPU_FLAGS_X86? ;) But seriously, the item
is quite arch-specific. Other arches are likely to have kinda specific
flags with rules for choosing them, another script etc.

> > When in doubt, please consult the profiles/desc/cpu_flags_x86.desc
> > file available in the Gentoo repository checkout.
>
> usually we don't point people at reading profiles or ebuilds
> directly; maybe 'equery uses' ?

I guess that kinda works. So far 'quse -D mmx' has the nicest output
but I don't want people to rely on portage-utils.

> > Most of the flag
> > names match /proc/cpuinfo names, with the notable exception of SSE3
> > which is called 'pni' in /proc/cpuinfo (please also do not confuse it
> > with distinct SSSE3).
>
> IMHO this is too much into details but I don't really mind.

I just recall it's a frequent issue, people missing SSE3 and mixing it
up with SSSE3.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny