On 3 February 2015 at 00:00, Michael Orlitzky <m...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On 02/02/2015 10:50 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
>>
>> Maybe. Though it still will keep the confusion of !libav meaning ffmpeg.
>>

> We could remove USE=libav from the tree, leaving only USE=ffmpeg. Then
> ffmpeg_impl_libav would switch the implementation if USE=ffmpeg is enabled.
>

>> Maybe a little cleaner but still relies on the implicit thing. Not to
>> mention the user is supposed to set either:
>>
>>   FFMPEG_IMPL=libav
>>
>> or:
>>
>>   FFMPEG_IMPL=
>>
>> which is nowhere close to sane :).
>>

> With only one flag, why bother with the USE_EXPAND?

Actually, after reading this conversation, I don't think we need the
USE_EXPAND. The current solution with USE="ffmpeg libav" works. It may
not be the cleanest, but the other solution proposed here doesn't add
that much.

Please restore the news item and unmask the revbumps, so we can get on
with business. :)

--
Cheers,

Ben | yngwin