Hello,

I've compiled love2d-0.9.1 from the sources with Gentoo. It first failed
with:

  $
  <...>
  In file included from modules/graphics/opengl/GLee.h:66:0,
                   from modules/graphics/opengl/OpenGL.h:24,
                   from modules/graphics/opengl/VertexBuffer.h:29,
                   from modules/graphics/opengl/VertexBuffer.cpp:21:
  /usr/include/GL/gl.h:2055:22: fatal error: GL/glext.h: No such file or
directory
   #include <GL/glext.h>
                        ^
  compilation terminated.
  <...>
  $

In fact, /usr/include/GL/glext.h is a relative symlink to
  ../../lib64/opengl/global/include/GL/glext.h

I'm missing the whole filesystem namespace /usr/lib64/opengl/global:
  $ ls /usr/lib64/opengl
  ati
  nvidia
  xorg-x11
  $

Same problem with glxext.h.

For now, I've created the missing directories (../opengl/{global/..})
and put the missing files downloaded from the opengl registry at

  https://www.opengl.org/registry

but I wonder what I was missing in the first place.

What ebuild creates the missing files in /usr/lib64/opengl/global ? I
wasn't able to figure this out.

What's the policy on such broken symlinks? I mean, wouldn't it be better
for the ebuilds to include the target files in the archive and install
them /if/ they are missing?

--
Nicolas Sebrecht