> +<warning>
> +You must not rely on provided functions of implicitly inherited eclasses.

Not sure if this can be stated as a general policy. For example, if
your ebuild inherits elisp.eclass then it is pointless to inherit also
elisp-common.eclass, because it is guaranteed (and documented) that
all the functions of the latter will also be available when inheriting
the former.

> +inherit <c>eutils.eclass</c> directly, even if another eclass (like
> distutils-r1)
> +already inherits it. Exceptions to this policy must be discussed and
> documented.
> +</warning>

Documented, maybe. But I don't want to discuss a feature of my
eclasses which is in place since more than a decade and works
flawlessly.

Ulrich