On 5 April 2015 at 19:59, Rich Freeman <ri...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> It seems unlikely that this would make much of a difference.  I think
> that allowing this package to create another ffmpeg vs libav mess is a
> mistake.

To be honest, the upstream developers should be fairly in the known
regarding my opinion expressed in the blog posts, as they replied and
read them before.

We could also find other ways to deal with this by installing the
packages as different library names and subverting pkg-config to
choose between the two, but that would only work for packages using
pkg-config to begin with and does not solve the transitive
dependencies problem.

Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
https://blog.flameeyes.eu/