On Saturday 18 April 2015 11:15:56 hasufell wrote:
> On 04/17/2015 07:15 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 10:41 AM, Alexander Berntsen
> >
> > <berna...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> You have correctly identified the problem; in order to do things
> >> properly one must do things properly, which is more difficult than not
> >> doing things properly.
> >
> > "Properly" is just a matter of requirements.  Gentoo has 18k packages
> > right now.  In my general experience, they install fine maybe 95% of
> > the time.
>
> Can you back up your "general experience" with a tinderbox log? In
> addition, you are decreasing "QA" to "compiles". That's not the definition.

Out of all the packages that are visible (i.e. not masked, hidden by
uninstallable dependencies, or hidden by useflag requiremenst)

For amd64 I see a build failure rate of ~2%, iow. out of ~10k packages that
are buildable with a standard profile about 200 fail. (Last run done about half
a year ago, it's slowly improved since I started in 2006)

So the 95% buildable sounds like a very pessimistic estimate to me.

For x86 the data looks pretty much the same, I think marginally worse.