On Mon, 11 May 2015 17:20:01 +0100
Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccre...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 11 May 2015 18:17:10 +0200
> Alexis Ballier <aball...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > You should probably think about the difference between public code
> > being mirrored at github and giving some big company access to
> > private emails.
>
> Like your phone company, ISP, and national intelligence agencies?

I think you know the answer for those...

And even with clear text emails going through them, unless
they've managed to secretly obtain decades of cryptography advances,
they can't know e.g. what I do actually read and even less how much time
I spend reading it (and probably dozens of others statistics I can't
even imagine), which correlation is actually much more valuable than
the raw data itself.