Hi everyone,

This one is mostly for the bug wranglers. There is a new email list and alias for the musl (sub?)project [1].

List: gentoo-m...@lists.gentoo.org
alias: m...@gentoo.org

musl is a new C standard lib [2]. It adheres scrictly to POSIX, XOPEN, SUSv3 standards. As a result, a number of packages break with musl. Usually these are small bugs, like missing headers mandated by POSIX, but still even a small error breaks a package.

I don't want to burdon the maintainers with these bugs, so I'd like to ask bug wranglers that if they see a bug due to musl, to please assign it to me and cc the maintainer. I'll fix the bugs on the musl overlay [3] and upstream the patches, while keeping the maintainers informed about what's going on. Don't worry, I won't touch any packages.

Bug wrangling usually proceeds via the metadata.xml, but there really is no structure there for communicating the above situation.

Refs.
[1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Hardened_musl
[2] http://www.musl-libc.org/
[3] https://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/musl.git