On 4 July 2015 at 23:28, Alexandre Rostovtsev <tetrom...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 2015-07-05 at 02:16 +0700, C Bergström wrote:
> > 2) I don't understand your comment about signatures.
>
> Gpg commit signatures [1] which are a requirement for any gentoo git
> workflow. Rebasing breaks the author's signature afaict, so the user
> who is doing rebasing needs to re-sign the commit using his own key.
>
> [1] https://git-scm.com/book/tr/v2/Git-Tools-Signing-Your-Work#Signing-Commits

Maybe this is the root cause of all issues, and simpler was to remain
with signed manifests.
Just a thought... Not every git feature out there should be actually
be leveraged.
Doing so would enable rebase without loosing data, more secure (than
SHA-1) signatures, using code review tools such as gerrit without an
issue, migration out of git in future and probably more.