On 05.07.2015 20:44, Alexandre Rostovtsev wrote:
> What I usually end up doing is listing my installed dev-qt/qt* ebuilds, and
> updating all of them together explicitly:
>
> emerge -1 qtcore:4 qtgui:4 qtsql:4 etc.

That's what I tried but it doesn't seem to work with this update.

Looking at the dependencies of qtgui

  dev-qt/qtgui-4.8.6-r4
    DEPEND
      ~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.6

  dev-qt/qtgui-4.8.7
    DEPEND
      ~dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7

I really wonder if there is any update path from having

  dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.6-r2
  dev-qt/qtgui-4.8.6-r4

installed before to

  dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7
  dev-qt/qtgui-4.8.7

after.  Right now, it looks like I have to use "emerge -C .." to
un-install them completely, temporary breaking Qt and installing 4.8.7
fresh.  I'm still hoping for some way to not needing to do that.

> Alternatively, just try "emerge --update --deep world" - it probably should
> work if you have a consistent, complete and updateable world set.

That's where I'm coming from.  It doesn't stop complaining because of Qt.

Best,

Sebastian