... ?!??!#??$>@%%*%**%@!!!

>From the point of view of a user ChangeLogs are VERY VERY USEFUL.

Why would you claim they are deprecated?

> git log -- app-misc/foo
> or
> git log -- eclass/autotools.eclass
>
> will give you _any_ commit that has touched that file/directory, even if
> it was part of a huge mass commit.

 $ cd /usr/portage/app-admin/rex/; git log
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

sooo ... ???

> There's really not much ChangeLogs add for you here, except duplicating
> git functionality. It's more useful to familiarize yourself with git
> log. There's no reason to depend on the gitweb interface.
>
> If you want the history from before the migration to work with that as
> well, you can use this method:
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Gentoo_git_workflow#Grafting_Gentoo_History_Onto_the_Active_Repo
>
> Also see
> https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/git-log/filtering-the-commit-history

I have no idea what you are trying to say, but for most users this
advice is not even useless but actively wrong.

With that out of the way,

can we please return to the original discussion?