On 12/11/15 08:22, Hans de Graaff wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-11-11 at 11:28 +0100, Justin (jlec) wrote:
>> # Justin Lecher <j...@gentoo.org> (28 Feb 2015)
>> # Unfixed security problems
>> # No upstream support anymore
>> # CVE-2015-{0219,0220,0221,0222,5145}
>> # #536586
>> # #554864
>> =dev-python/django-1.4*
>> =dev-python/django-1.5*
>> =dev-python/django-1.6*
>> # Not supported by any django version upstream supports
>> dev-python/south
>> dev-python/Djblets
>> dev-util/reviewboard
>
> Reviewboard upstream is now maintaining its own version of django 1.6
> for security fixes: https://www.reviewboard.org/news/2015/08/24/new-dja
> ngo-1-6-11-1-security-releases/
>
> Would we be able to keep reviewboard in the tree (with a bump to the
> 2.5.x versions) with this?
>
> Hans

To me it doesn't makes sense to release an unofficial version of the framework
instead of bumping reviewboard to support the new LTS version of it.

Anyway, the only way I see is that reviewboard bundles that version of django. I
strongly object adding that version of django under dev-python/django as this
will suggest the user, that there is still support by upstream for 1.6.

Justin