On 11/18/2015 01:01 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 6:12 AM, Alexander Berntsen <berna...@gentoo.org>
> wrote:
>> When I do QA in projects I'm involved with (at least outside of
>> Gentoo), we don't do it live on end-user systems. I'll leave the
>> details as an exercise for the Gentoo developer.
>>
> People who run ~arch are not really end-users - they're contributors
> who have volunteered to test packages.
Or people that use Gentoo because it allows them to satisfy requirements.

At work I don't 'want' to use ~arch packages, but external constraints
very strongly suggest that. Otherwise we'd just be on CentOS 5 and not
worry about things working properly.

And still we try to run updates in a sandbox first so we catch breakage
before it becomes a problem.