On Sat, 21 Nov 2015 18:29:31 -0500
NP-Hardass <np-hard...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Probably not the ideal solution given that you seem to prefer removal of such
> variables, but a REPODIR variable which is set to the directory where the
> repo is (basically making PORTDIR dynamic and setting it on a per package
> basis) could enable developers to reference their repo when needed, allowing
> variable use in a multi repo system. Additionally, if that idea is liked, I
> think an array of the repos masters and/or their dirs (or some functions to
> access that information) could also be useful. Like get_masters and
> get_repo_dir functions.

I'd really prefer if we implemented stuff that people need rather than
random ideas that people may one day find some abusive use for. Plus,
we don't want to bind EAPI into specific repository structure. Plus, as
axs pointed out, that doesn't help anyone unless they want to
reimplement whole masters logic in every ebuild needing that.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny