On 01/07/2016 07:50 AM, Justin Lecher (jlec) wrote:
> Dear everyone,
>
> due to changes in real life I need to cut back vastly my day to day
> maintainer work starting in February. So far I have no clue how much
> time I can devote to Gentoo in nearer future.
>
> I will move all packages I maintain [1] to the associated projects if
> possible. All devs are free to take what ever you are interested in. I
> am also happy to proxy contributors if they like to maintain a package.
>
> My plan is to focus more on task which I can handle more flexible.
>
> Regarding the projects I am involved in I have the following ideas:
>
> _Recruiters_
>
> We are again actively looking for someone who is doing the review
> session. The candidate should have solid knowledge about the various
> aspects for Gentoo reaching from packaging to institutional aspects.
> Further, you should be able to work with inexperienced contributors
> and have fun teaching the necessary bits.
>
> Secondly, I would like to work strategically on our recruitment
> process. This includes reworking of the quizzes and a general
> assessment of the process as well as new options. We won't change
> anything over night, but I really think we can do simpler and better.
>
> In case you are interested in either topic, feel free to drop a mail
> to recruit...@gentoo.org.
>
> _Science_
>
> We are understaffed for a long time. So in case you like to join feel
> free to do so. This is also and especially directed to the community.
> I strongly encourage you to contribute via PR to the overlay or the
> main gentoo.git. If you have proven yourself in contributions and
> still nobody encouraged you to become a full dev, don't hesitate to
> express your wish and we will manage your recruitment.
>
> _Council_
>
> My council duties should not be affected.
>
> _Other project_
>
> For the time being, I need to drop most work there.
>
> Cheers,
> Justin
>
> 1)
> http://euscan.gentooexperimental.org/maintainers/jlec%40gentoo.org/

gonna take these unless anyone yells at me.

        modified:   app-admin/ansible/metadata.xml
        modified:   app-arch/p7zip/metadata.xml
        modified:   dev-python/ipaddress/metadata.xml
        modified:   dev-python/lz4/metadata.xml
        modified:   dev-python/mysqlclient/metadata.xml
        modified:   net-fs/nfstest/metadata.xml
        modified:   sys-process/iotop/metadata.xml

--
Matthew Thode

--
-- Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)