On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 18:30:07 -0800
Brian Dolbec <dol...@gentoo.org> wrote:

>  So, where do we place this directory and what rules do we
> establish about it's modifications?
>
>    location? : in the metadata dir alongside the install-qa-check.d
>                directory?

That sounds reasonable to me, it is certainly metadata.

>    name of the directory? : repoman, qa-rules, qa-data,
>                             repo-qa-data, ... ideas?

Something not project name specific, so nothing about repoman. Perhaps
something like "repo-checks", my personal vote would be make it a
directory with the contents being merged (so repo-checks.d maybe?)

>    data format? : json (my favorite)
>                         compatible with many lanquages/interfaces
>                         is flexible to match various data types
>                           ie: dictionaries, lists, strings...
>                         is human readable/editable
>                         can be validated
>
>                    xml (PLEASE NO!)
>
>                    native python file  (too language dependant)
>
>                    ini style (python configparser compatible) meh :/
>
>                    other ideas?

YAML - like JSON but made to be edited/read by humans (comment support
is a big feature). Also valid JSON is valid YAML. Also can be validated
just like JSON can.