On 07/04/16 17:36, Alexis Ballier wrote:
> On Thursday, April 7, 2016 6:22:16 PM CEST, Rich Freeman wrote:
>> Again, I don't see this as a reason not to make it optional, but I
>> suspect that we will find bugs here from time to time which users who
>> run with the split /usr will have to report/fix.
>

> Considering the advantages of usr-merge are rather specific IMHO but
> risks during the migration are high, I think you're optimistic on the
> user base of usr-merged systems :)
>
> Heck, it hasn't happened yet because there hasn't been such a big need
> for it.

In the spirit of hearing arguments for/against .. could someone with the
appropriate 'fu' throw up a quick survey for those on this ML (and/or
possibly the g-users?) to indicate a preference for a change to a
flattened-/usr system?

I did think re: the eudev "debate" that it was really hard to quantify
the opinion for and against a change, and take it away from the  vocal
people that obviously feel passionately about their cause :) .