On 4/17/16 4:28 AM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
> On 4/17/16 4:15 AM, Fabian Groffen wrote:
>> On 16-04-2016 21:05:56 +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
>>> Congratulations! You've just committed an invalid dependency that is
>>> going to cause true mayhem on every package using the eclass.
>>
>> I assume you've taken proper actions to mitigate this.
>>
>>> But why would anyone send patches for review, or even start wondering
>>> that we might be using USE=libressl all around for some reason...
>>
>> While I believe your point is right (patches for review), I think this
>> style of communication is unnecessary.
>
> In case you haven't been following the other communications regarding
> the matter, the USE flag is not necessary here because ssl-cert.eclass
> does not involve any linking against openssl/libressl.  So I'll be
> recommitting the original patch without the slot operator.
>
> The original patch is at
>
> https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/commit/eclass/ssl-cert.eclass?id=7a4d6bd5fcb25d8381bc08e20ad6a5c1c80ad78f
>
> plus s/:0=/:0/
>

>> Thanks,
>> Fabian

mgorny suggested that i look for any EAPI=0 ebuild inheriting
ssl-cert.eclass.  I hacked up the following:

import portage

portdb = portage.db["/"]["porttree"].dbapi
gentoo_repo_location = portdb.repositories["gentoo"].location

for cp in portdb.cp_all(trees=[gentoo_repo_location]):
    for cpv in portdb.cp_list(cp, mytree=gentoo_repo_location):
        eapi, inherited = portdb.aux_get(cpv, ["EAPI", "INHERITED"],
myrepo="gentoo")
        if eapi == '0' and 'ssl-cert' in inherited.split():
            print(cpv)

and found net-ftp/netkit-ftpd-0.17-r8.  Its pretty ancient and belongs
to base system.

Does base-system object if I bump it to EAPI=5 before I commit the
ssl-cert patch?  I'll start stabilization too obviously.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]