On 07/04/2016 12:57 AM, Nicolas Bock wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to package a code that depends on JavaScript packages. The
> suggested installation procedure from upstream involves running `npm
> install ...`. How do we (or do we?) deal with JavaScript packages?
>
> Best,
>
> Nick

The better question to ask is "what does this program need in order to
function?" If it installed through 'npm', that's going to point to Node.
Whatever format Node uses for its packages, you should read it and find
out if it requires anything else besides Node. If other Node packages
are needed, they may be in the tree already.

--
Daniel Campbell - Gentoo Developer
OpenPGP Key: 0x1EA055D6 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net