Ciaran McCreesh schrieb:
On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 10:17:24 +0200
Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn <chith...@gentoo.org> wrote:
Then ebuilds will fail just the same

No. Before, ebuilds would maybe display an upgrading message when
they shouldn't, or vice versa. Now the eclass dies on them.

This attitude that invisible failures (which don't get fixed, and which
lead to occasional weirdness) are better than visible failures (which
must be fixed) is an odd one... Postel has a lot to answer for.

I would agree with you when it comes to upstreams' -Werror but I do realize that I am in the minority there.

My point here is that this change will affect the behaviour of ebuilds using this eclass.

Best regards,
Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn