Please, consider to check lua overlay for all that problems.

And, talking on lua.eclass: I already posted it here for review, and mgorny
said "kill it with fire" (because eclass was based on ruby-ng with some magic
additions from python eclasses, perl ones and php. Well, it really is a bunch
of black magic. And it definitelly need to be rewriten, but it takes much
time, so I'd like to take some help.

And, talking on lua project, in the times of herds there was lua herd with
mabi and rafaelmartins. But both of them looks inactive atm.

// maybe we can talk about that in jabber?