On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 16:22:24 -0400
NP-Hardass <np-hard...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> I was going through my packages to make sure that I was compliant with
> this change, and found that I was not.  The l10n eclass makes use of
> the LINGUAS USE_EXPAND and isn't covered in the tracker bug.  I
> attempted to read through the old thread to see if someone mentioned
> that eclass, but I must have missed it if someone mentioned it.  Are
> we EOL'ing that eclass, or keeping it (update or revbump)?

I asked mgorny about it. He said it's not his playground. I was
dealing with MakeMKV, which is an awkward one, but in the end I simply
decided to drop the flags and install all the files. I'm not sure if
using the eclass makes sense any more as it revolves around keeping the
flags up-to-date. In most cases, you're not supposed to use the flags
any more and when you are, it's for optional language packs that
require additional downloads. The eclass can't help you there.

--
James Le Cuirot (chewi)
Gentoo Linux Developer