On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 04:05:05PM +0200, Lars Wendler wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 20:08:30 -0400 Anthony G. Basile wrote:
>
> >On 8/23/16 8:03 PM, Lars Wendler wrote:
> >> I have some kind of interest for these packages:
> >
> >Lars, maybe once we get some names we should get a meeting of
> >base-system together and coordinate our efforts.  In particular, I
> >mostly have interest in those packages that make up @system for the
> >stages I build.
> >

> Guys, I'd like to take the opportunity to "revive" the #gentoo-base IRC
> channel for coordination between base-system developers.
> Perhaps "revive" is not the appropriate word considering that the
> channel never stopped to exist but rather became extinct.
>
> Opinions?

Sure, I'm fine with using it; I'm there anyway.

> Furthermore what about the devs currently being listed in base-system
> team but stopped taking care of the team's packages for years?

I would say contact them individually and ask them if they want to stay
on the team.

> Oh, and to all new team members:
> Please keep in mind to *not* use EAPI-6 for base-system packages yet, so
> we can retain a somewhat stable upgrade path even for very old systems.

This was always a huge mistery that never really made sense.
Once the pm is upgraded on a system to eapi 6, I don't see the reason to
hold back any base system packages to older eapis, especially once eapi
6 has been stable for a year.

William