I'm in the process of rebuilding a new livecd via catalyst with this commit reverted just to be sure this is the issue, but this is the only libc commit since my last build. It usually takes about 48 hours for a full stage1 - livecd build so i wont know for sure until then.

commit: ffc59b9e2bbe9ad89a1ab60e3a147785fe944141

Do not call multilib_env_reset unless cross-compiling, in order to
prevent the function from redefining profile-defined variables such as
LIBDIR_*.

boost is failing as follows.

/bin/sh: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: failed to map segment from shared object gcc.compile.c++ bin.v2/libs/math/build/gcc-4.9/gentoorelease/boost.locale.icu-off/pch-off/threading-multi/comp_ellint_1f.o

In file included from ./boost/format.hpp:50:0,
                 from ./boost/math/policies/error_handling.hpp:31,
                 from ./boost/math/special_functions/ellint_rf.hpp:22,
                 from ./boost/math/special_functions/ellint_1.hpp:22,
                 from libs/math/build/../src/tr1/comp_ellint_1f.cpp:11:
./boost/format/parsing.hpp:1:0: internal compiler error: Aborted
 ^
Please submit a full bug report,
See <https://bugs.gentoo.org/> for instructions.

It's worth noting that this is a custom profile based on the amd64 profile for sparc64. That being said, it has been rock solid since January, this is the first issue that i have come across of this nature.

My portage tree can be found here...

https://github.com/SIN3R6Y/gentoo