On 12/02/2016 06:09 AM, Michael Mol wrote:
> On Friday, December 02, 2016 02:10:27 PM Michał Górny wrote:
>> Hi, everyone.
>>
>> I've heard multiple times about various tinderbox projects being
>> started by individuals in Gentoo. In fact, so many different projects
>> that I've forgotten who was working on most of them.
>>
>> I know that Toralf is doing tinderboxing for most of the stuff.
>> What other projects do we have there? What is their status?
>>
>> Is there anything we could try to integrate with pull requests to get
>> a better testing?
>
> If there's a mostly-turnkey VM I can run to contribute to Tinderboxing, I
> have
> one or two systems I could benefit from some heat from over the winter. It's
> that or bring out the electric space heater. Was talking with my wife about
> mining Doge on one of them last night...

I second that. I have a hexcore CPU and 16 GB of RAM, most of which I
don't use unless I'm compiling. If there's a guide that can get me up
and running with a VM within an hour or so, I'd be more than willing to
pitch in some cycles.

mgorny mentioned PRs, however... are such efforts moot if I don't have a
GitHub account?

--
Daniel Campbell - Gentoo Developer
OpenPGP Key: 0x1EA055D6 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net