On 12/05/2016 03:49 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
> Here is a separate thought.  Would it make sense in any way to try to
> have a more established way to communicate with our downstream distros
> about stuff like this, like a gentoo-derivatives mailing list or such?
>  I wouldn't restrict access or anything like that, but participants
> would be expected to stay on-topic (it isn't another gentoo-dev or
> gentoo-user/project).  Changes could still make their way onto the
> main lists.  I was just thinking that we don't really have any
> official way to notify downstream distros of changes like these.

Sounds like a good idea to me. We could even allow technical support
there ala -user, but with a focus on 'remixing' or otherwise
forking/copying Gentoo. It makes sense for a meta distro to assist in
the 'meta' part, if only for informational reasons.

--
Daniel Campbell - Gentoo Developer
OpenPGP Key: 0x1EA055D6 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net