Hi,

On Fri, 9 Dec 2016 15:24:44 -0500 james wrote:
> On 12/08/2016 02:15 PM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:

> >> Nope. I strongly believe that if your wider dev community had a deeper
> >> understanding of the responsibility chain...
> > <snip>
> >
> > Even if I'm repeating myself... Please keep the mailing lists on topic.
>
> Problems caused by gentoo developer behaviors, are "on topic" for this
> list.

No, they are not. As I remember from my quizzer gentoo-dev is
intended for technical discussions only. For legal stuff we have
nfp mail list, for general project related stuff which doesn't fit
cases above we have project mail list.

The reason we have such separation is that different people have
different interests, e.g. some developers are not even members of
the Foundation, because they have no interest in legal stuff and it
is their right to be so. One of the reasons we have separation
between the Council and the Trustees is to relieve developers not
interested in legal stuff from legal stuff.

And now you are proposing to discuss legal matters on gentoo-dev.
This is terribly wrong. Is it that hard to subscribe on gentoo-nfp
mail list? It is open for everyone and is created for exactly these
kind of discussions: legal and other Foundation-related stuff.

Best regards,
Andrew Savchenko