On Thu, Feb 02, 2017 at 09:11:26AM -0500, Michael Orlitzky wrote

>   2 To avoid an unsatisfied REQUIRED_USE by default.
>
>     * Example: having a non-empty RUBY_TARGETS by default.

  What's wrong with having emerge spit out an error message, and telling
the user that they need to set a flag to one of 2-or-more options?

>   4 To make the default build agree with the maintainer's personal
>     preferences.
>
>     * Example: enabling hpn in net-misc/openssh by default.

  Another example is IPV6 which most people do not yet have from their
ISP as a regular service.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>