Ühel kenal päeval, E, 10.04.2017 kell 17:33, kirjutas William L.
Thomson Jr.:
> Add a new Java version and recompiling packages with it, will also
> immediately show breakage if any.
>
> If your saying Python code is of higher quality than Java. I would
> digress heavily on that. You have leniency in python not being strong
> typed. Lack of generics and stuff could only mean that could be
> worse.
> Relying on internals to handle data types for you.

Which is why python modules can't just pretend to work with a newer
python by merely happening to "compile" and install. It is not strongly
typed and it does not involve a AOT phase (pyc is just a semi-binary
representation of the source code really) and issues are not found
unless properly tested at runtime or test suite.

> Regardless of new eclass, the TARGETS remain. Things did not change
> from a user perspective. Recently packaging some ebuilds, the
> COMPAT/VERSION does not seem to have changed. Despite what ever
> changes to the eclass.

Users don't get unexpected failures, as things that are claimed to work
with a given python version, probably actually do so.