> It is stable. Even there are open bugs, arches started stabilizing it.

  Is gcc-5.4.0 built "--with-default-libstdcxx-abi=gcc4-compatible"?
On the Pale Moon linux sub-forum, there were crashing issues with the
contributed Ubuntu build when Ubuntu switched to gcc 5.  The maintainer
of the Ubuntu Pale Moon build had to drop back to gcc 4.9 to fix the
crashes.

  At home, for personal use, I build Pale Moon with a manually built
version of gcc 5.4.0.  Pale Moon has been rock solid for me on Gentoo
and on a refurbished Lenovo T400 running Puppy Linux.  The option
"--with-default-libstdcxx-abi=gcc4-compatible" may be the reason it
works for me.

  This may be valid for other applications, too.  I think the problem is
that you need the entire system to be one of...

"--with-default-libstdcxx-abi=new" or

"--with-default-libstdcxx-abi=gcc4-compatible"

  Mixing together does not seem to work.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>