On 10/07/17 04:47 PM, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 15:36:11 -0500
> Ben Kohler <bkoh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> If you want dependencies checked, use the correct option which checks
>> them.  This takes significantly longer than -C, as it's significantly
>> more complex to check for.
>>
>> As far as I can tell, you are literally asking for -C to behave like
>> -c, when you could just be using -c instead.
>
> No I simply want warnings like that exist for profiles and set packages.
>
> Also more information when attempting to remove a package that is not
> removed.

OK, well, as Ben said it's not feasible to make -C act like -c due to
the performance hit involved and due to the purpose of the command itself.

It likely is feasible and may well make sense to add a message to the
-c output that states that packages in the provided list aren't
removed because they are dependencies.  You should open up a bug for
that against portage and let the portage dev's sort it out.