On 07/12/2017 05:42 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
> OpenRC 0.28 will mount efivars read only by default due to concerns
> about users bricking systems by writing to this filesystem unexpectedly.
>
> Here is the newsitem covering this change.

Although the changes seems sensible, I'm wondering if a news item is
necessary for this case versus other documentation and script updates to
reflect this change. For one thing it seems it will have minimal effect
on a running system and not needing a migration path / configuration
updates except in cases where bootloader installs are done; how
intuitive is the feedback in this process when it is read-only?

--
Kristian Fiskerstrand
OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net