Hi, everyone.

I've written a new tool called shadowman [1] that aims to partially
replace the current *-config tools shipped with ccache, distcc, icecc
and potentially more.

Why? Because the existing tools are inconsistent, inconvenient
and usually incomplete. The README [2] states a number of advantages:

| 1. one usage syntax that works for all tools,
|
| 2. ability to update/clean masquerades for multiple tools in one call,
|
| 3. consistent (and *good*) implementation -- now all tools get the same
| executable list,
|
| 4. reduced code duplication,
|
| 5. modular layout that allows adding extra tools/compiler wildcards
| by third-party packages.

This thread includes patches that:

a. add the package for shadowman (skipping some bundled modules for
external inclusion) -- for testing it's just a live ebuild with full
keyword set; I will obviously change that before the final inclusion;

b. adds shadowman support to ccache, distcc & icecream packages
(preserving the old utilities for compatibility),

c. adds shadowman update call to toolchain.eclass & clang ebuilds
so that the masquerades get updated automatically on gcc/clang upgrade.

Please review. Alternatively available as PR on GitHub [3].

[1]:https://github.com/mgorny/shadowman
[2]:https://github.com/mgorny/shadowman/blob/master/README
[3]:https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/5386