On Mon, 4 Sep 2017 12:27:35 -0500
R0b0t1 <r03...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Up until now I had not been sure my messages were readable.

Take it as a compliment, at least 1 of the possible warnock[1] reasons
are favourable :)

> us·er ex·pe·ri·ence
> noun: user experience; plural noun: user experiences
>     the overall experience of a person using a product such as a
> website or computer application, especially in terms of how easy or
> pleasing it is to use.
>
> From this definition, I see no connection to anything graphical. To
> the extent that words have meaning I think the selection of "ux-*"
> would be a mistake.
>
> Respectfully,
>      R0b0t1

Yeah. Prescriptively you are right.

"UX" is not "A thing", it is not a piece of software, or even a
category of software.

"UX" is something software *produces*

In truth, it was much more about the "X" in the name as a minor
feature, because well, this is geekery, and we do things like this. :)

For instance, git master for perl is called "blead" ...

And GNU's Not Unix.

But yes, I do agree its not ideal still. But I'll try to think of other
terms that can sneak an "x" into them ;)

1: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warnock%27s_dilemma#Original_description