W dniu pią, 22.09.2017 o godzinie 00∶07 +0300, użytkownik Mart Raudsepp
napisał:
> Ühel kenal päeval, N, 21.09.2017 kell 22:54, kirjutas Michał Górny:
> > W dniu czw, 21.09.2017 o godzinie 23∶33 +0300, użytkownik Mart
> > Raudsepp
> > napisał:
> > > Ühel kenal päeval, N, 21.09.2017 kell 21:56, kirjutas Michał Górny:

> > > Do you have a handy list of problems with v2.11?
> > > Perhaps all is well for Gentoo usages after the more ptrace-happy
> > > fallbacking commit (apparently was needed by ChromeOS) is reverted
> > > if
> > > ptrace-path problems don't get fixes?
> > >

> > There are two bugs listed in p.mask reason. There's a lot of bugs on
> > Bugzilla but I don't know which versions they affect.
>

> #580726 comes from the ptrace thing I mentioned. I identified the
> commit that makes it fallback to ptrace for firefox case, while it
> seemed to work fine before without fallback, and then there are issues
> in that ptrace codepath that might have always been there, but they
> just didn't get hit due to ptrace fallback being much rarer before
> this. I believe the commit hash is mentioned on the bug.
>
> #578582 seems to be just patrick being special and refusing to provide
> any information about the bug that no-one else hits.
>
> Maybe if we revert that more easy ptrace fallback stuff for now, the
> rest in sandbox git master is fine (if my opendir fix gets applied
> that's only patched in via ebuild right now)?

Maybe it is. However, I don't feel confident releasing a completely new
version myself, and I won't be able to review the changes thouroughly
enough to become confident.

Given that sandbox is utterly broken by design, I don't really want to
put too much effort in trying to make it a little better. I'd rather put
the minimal effort required to make it not-much-worse.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny