On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 1:51 PM, William L. Thomson Jr. <wlt...@o-sinc.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Dec 2017 13:15:32 +0000
> "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.ever...@iee.org> wrote:
>
> > On 04/12/17 00:37, Matt Turner wrote:
> > > A user requested I forward this information to the mailing list:
> > >
> > > http://www.hbs.edu/faculty/Publication%20Files/16-057_
> d45c0b4f-fa19-49de-8f1b-4b12fe054fea.pdf
> > > https://goo.gl/42A8v7 (short URL of the same)
> > >
> > > ... and was itself cited a dozen or times:
> > >
> > > https://scholar.google.com/scholar?cites=5443947091657980238
> > > https://goo.gl/obvdzh (short URL of the same)
>
> Anyone paying any attention to current events?  Quite many business and
> governments have gone out of their way to protect and hide the actions
> of abusers. In most causes because they were money makers. I think that
> may contradict the article entirely.

Clearly if Gentoo could be successful if millions of people were killed; we
would not choose to kill millions of people.
Clearly if Gentoo could be successful if dozens of people were harassed; we
would not choose to harass dozens of people?

I think the advocacy is that people want a community where Gentoo can be
successful without needing to harass anyone. A noble goal eh?
If the cost of a successful Gentoo is people being harassed because it
cannot sustain a safe community; perhaps Gentoo shouldn't exist?

-A