On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 5:46 PM, William L. Thomson Jr.
<wlt...@o-sinc.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 17:25:21 -0500
> Rich Freeman <ri...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 5:19 PM, Kristian Fiskerstrand
>> <k...@gentoo.org> wrote:

>> > This doesn't seem relevant to the matter of splitting the lists, and
>> > would certainly be a matter for comrel.
>> >
>> What do you do when they keep posting manifestos or whatever on the
>> lists every few months, or generally stirring up the community about
>> how unjustly they're being treated?  When the appeal is to popular
>> opinion, instead of the defined process for handling these appeals?
>
> For readers who may assume. Along the lines of me being kicked. I have
> never ever in my life ever done anything along those lines, nor was
> kicked. What ever Rich is referring to is another person, not me!!!!

The problem is that with current policies if somebody in Comrel/etc
had evidence to the contrary they would not be able to refute such a
denial.  My example wasn't of wltjr specifically (at least not to my
knowledge), but it just goes to the point of why having these sorts of
things hashed out on the mailing lists on the first place.  At best it
results in damage to reputations and attention drawn to victims (and
perpetrators) of such activities.  At worst it can lead to
escalation/lawsuits/etc.

--
Rich