Am Samstag, 30. Dezember 2017, 13:22:52 CET schrieb Anthony G. Basile:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We've been stuck on EAPI=4 with toolchain.eclass for a while.  This is
> causing problems with subslotting libraries like mpfr, mpc, gmp and isl
> that gcc depend on (see bug #642316).  I went through and made the
> changes necessary to get the eclass up to EAPI=5 and compile tested
> across the board (ie all dependent ebuilds) for amd64.  Everything looks
> good, so please review and I'll commit if we're okay.

-       confgcc+=( $(use_enable altivec) )
+       in_iuse altivec && confgcc+=( $(use_enable altivec) )

^ Just as an example, such a construct may change the "default setting" when
no altivec useflag exists...

Imagine that upstream enables altivec by default (?). In earlier eapis,
use_enable with a non-existing useflag returned --disable-altivec (?). Now,
without the useflag, no setting is passed to configure, and it's enabled.

So, while this all works in principle, it may need careful per-flag review.

--
Dr. Andreas K. Hüttel
tel. +49 151 241 67748 (mobile)