W dniu nie, 21.01.2018 o godzinie 20∶24 -0800, użytkownik Zac Medico
napisał:
> Hi,
>
> In sys-app/portage-2.3.20, emerge now defaults to --dynamic-deps=n. This
> means that unless people explicitly set
> EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--dynamic-deps=y" they're going to have to rebuild
> packages any time that the runtime dependencies of those packages need
> to be updated. It's possible to trigger these rebuilds using the emerge
> --changed-deps=y option.
>
> Some eclasses like autotools.eclass and vala.eclass generate
> version/slot locked dependencies that cause the dependencies of
> inheriting ebuilds to change when the versions in the eclasses are
> updated. If possible, it would be nice to avoid this version/slot
> locking. If not possible, then what should be do?

[Disclaimer: this is what I recall from memory, it might not be correct]

I think this was discussed at the time when all the things were
discussed, and the conclusion was pretty much that there is no valid
reason an for eclass to have to retroactively update dependencies
in installed packages.

We can discuss this in greater detail once someone has a good use case
for this. However, FWICS the eclasses mentioned here were already
dismissed as build-time only dependencies.

> Should we tell users to use the emerge --changed-deps=y option? Maybe
> make --changed-deps=y a default setting?

No. The idea is that not all dependency changes need to be explicitly
propagated. The developer needs to weigh the pros and cons
of propagating the change, and choose wisely. There is really no need to
enforce a lot of unnecessarily frequent rebuilds because of minor
dependency correction that doesn't really apply to the user.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny