On 01/22/2018 09:28 PM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
> Am Montag, 22. Januar 2018, 08:01:08 CET schrieb Zac Medico:
>>
>> According to Gentoo policy, future ebuild dependency changes need to be
>> accompanied by a revision bump in order to trigger rebuilds for users.
>> Therefore, you should only need to use --changed-deps=y for a single
>> deep @world update. After that, if you encounter installed packages with
>> outdated dependencies in a future deep @world update, then you should
>> report it as a bug.
>
> Did you come up with a solution how to handle eclass-generated dependency
> changes then?

No.

Bug #641346 was filed for clarification about this, but it just got
closed without answering the question or consulting anyone.

Now, every time we want to make a minor change we need to revbump half
the tree due to a change that has been forced mostly by people not
actually involved in any actual ebuild maintenance.