Ulrich Mueller schrieb:

> Don't vote for that person then? Why would we need a general rule
> restricting voters from electing any specific candidate?

For the same reason why governing bodies sometimes restrict accumulation of
mandates (and have term limits etc.). Of course the electorate can just vote
for another person, but that is not the point.

In the case of Gentoo, if one body is supposed to supervise the other,
holding positions in both can lead to problems. While this may be ok if one
of them is small and limited in scope, the more powerful both are the more
problematic it gets.

Best regards,
Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn