On 03/08/2018 07:25 AM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
> On 03/08/2018 12:54 AM, Benda Xu wrote:
>>
>> This title itself is amusing enough
>>
>>   Motherfuckers need package management
>>

> Which if it is not clear, is intended to be funny.

the colorful language was proportional to the enthusiasm.

decent info, even though the excited person who wrote it
made me roll my eyes (I clicked for the info ::shrug::)

as per this thread: NuGET (mentioned in the article) is
something I had briefly considered trying to hook into:

an upstream decided that one of their own libraries (it
was written / maintained by upstream) should be unbundled
rather than vendored, but instead of giving it standalone
packaging, they decided to make it only available via
NuGET. Since I had never used .NET before, I had no idea
what that even was, initially. It was a "an experience".

dependencies which can't otherwise be satisfied is the
point of the original poster / creator of this thread:

On 03/07/2018 11:06 AM, anote...@teknik.io wrote:

> Is this a feature/improvement other Gentoo users/developers
> would be interested in? If so, I would love to help discuss
> and potentially help with its implementation.

The problem with something like NuGET, is that I don't
know how to safely support the package manager itself.

I think it's a terrible idea to let "something like that"
loose on a gentoo system...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/mac/nuget-walkthrough

^ I guess they officially support mac, but still.
what happens when the developer of a package manager
decide they need root access to your system, but then
do things "their way"? I've got some concerns.