Hi guys,

sys-devel/gcc::repos is only an example but from my side it is a real
example.

Currently, Sabayon use our gcc ebuild so it is needed mask gentoo
version for rebuild sabayon-stage3 and now it is only possible (like
other packages) through file (from sabayon side):

/etc/portage/package.mask/00-sabayon.package.mask

My idea is permit to define this mask rules under sabayon overlay as
profile and/or as targets.

Interesting idea is opposite scenario propose by Barsnes about block
overlay packages.

Thank you to all for feedback about this proposal.

G.