On 07/24/2018 12:14 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:

> I don't believe anybody suggested making Gentoo harder to customize.
> This is just about setting reasonable defaults.

For the (N+1)th time: enabling this flag by default does make Gentoo
harder to customize, because you can't turn it off. And so yes, everyone
suggesting that we enable the flag by default is suggesting that Gentoo
become harder to customize.

> You can run a server without bash, openrc, sysvinit, or glibc.  Should
> these also be removed from the base profile?

Three of those four aren't in the base profile. Yeah, it was a good idea
to remove them.