Ühel kenal päeval, R, 17.08.2018 kell 15:15, kirjutas Alexis Ballier:
> On Thu, 16 Aug 2018 21:36:56 +0300
> Mart Raudsepp <l...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
> > Ühel kenal päeval, N, 16.08.2018 kell 14:27, kirjutas Brian Evans:
> > > There are currently a handful of ebuilds using EAPI 7 and the
> > > autotools
> > > eclass.
> > >
> > > I believe that this eclass should be reviewed for adding BDEPEND
> > > or
> > > having BDEPEND replace the DEPEND statement as the default action
> > > of
> > > the
> > > eclass.
> > >
> > > Other items might be needed, but that's doubtful.
> > >
> > > Someone please advise the best course of action and either do it
> > > or
> > > I will propose a patch based on the discussion.
> > >

> > Could or did someone also check through all the other eclasses that
> > don't have any global EAPI compatibility checks?
> > For the future, maybe it's better to add such a check - just
> > accepting
> > 0-7 or so, but unsure about all these custom EAPIs out there, might
> > force more eclass copying to some overlays.
>
> I don't really like that kind of checks: untested after usually small
> changes != broken.
>
> IMHO a better solution could be to have council members review all
> eclasses prior to approving an eapi and either adding a comment why +
> die when used with the not-yet-approved-eapi if the eclass requires
> changes or do nothing about it if it's fine. This has the double
> advantage to give council members first hands experience with an eapi
> before approving/voting it and ensures better migration when eapi is
> approved.

I think that's a good idea, in some form, but that ship has sailed with
EAPI-7 now and the request remains. I'll try to remember this for a
future EAPI-8 in the future.
I'd be glad to review things now, if I had time, but frankly I have
much more important things on my plate right now (like getting other
things to the point I can review and merge EAPI-7 support to some of
the eclasses I maintain and unblock progress for more usage of it).

Mart